Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/24 11:27 a.m.

Hi all,

I happened upon a free 1.8 engine a while back and I recently took a look at it. It looks very clean under the valve cover and under the timing cover. Unfortunately, the timing belt was cut and the front pulley came with the engine but in a box. The woodruff key and the bolt are missing, and the pulley actually shows a bit of damage, like it was run with the bolt loose. I suspect that the pulley is actually from a different engine and this engine donated it's front pulley. Hence the cut belt and missing parts.

So, all that said, does anyone have a woodruff key and crank bolt and front pulley lying around doing nothing? I could also probably use a stock header...

Willing to pay of course, but hoping to find something someone isn't using anyway.

Thanks!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
4/18/24 10:14 a.m.

Is there a change from the BP-4W (99-00) engine to the one you have? 

I have one from the 2000 BP-4W engine pulley and probably crank bolt in the basement. Can toss in a priority box for the cost of shipping if it works. I'll look tonight. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
4/18/24 12:50 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

That would be incredible, let me do some quick searches to verify, but I think it would work.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
4/18/24 2:21 p.m.

Ok, so looks like crank bolt, pulley, key, etc are all the same down to the part number.

There is a crank "boss" which is the keyed part that connects the crank nose to the pulley and is slightly different. The later ones would have a crank sensor disk on them. 

However, the water pump pulleys all seem interchangeable across those years, so I have some confidence that the crank boss would still work even with the additional crank sensor disk.

Long story short, I would be happy to pay shipping on whatever you've got. Let me know!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
4/18/24 6:03 p.m.

So I have the 2 pulleys (Crank and WP) and the crank trigger wheel I'll be happy to send your way. I probably tossed the crank bolt and key because there are 2 new ones on each of my motors. Shoot me a PM and I'll send them out this weekend to ya. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/18/24 6:06 p.m.

Wait, we can start these type threads?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
4/20/24 12:32 p.m.

I actually did find the crank bolt too so you can have that if you need it. So the only thing I wouldn't have is the key. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
4/21/24 10:41 a.m.

Hey, sorry busy last few days. I'll pm you right now. Thank you so much!!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
4/21/24 10:43 a.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

Wait, we can start these type threads?

Yes, please! I hope you need something that I have in the garage that I do not need. Then I could unload some of this stuff!

You'll need to log in to post.

Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
b89zJsSb64XWCLlcBLfw808BV0KU7En5gp9KqhQBYKWxDpC3Gko1qDo1hxExnoI7