Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
5/22/24 11:09 p.m.

Put most of the custom graphics pack on today... only parts not on yet which am using are the swing arm pieces.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
5/28/24 11:28 a.m.

Mt. Hood hid from us all day, but that didn't stop the views from being absolutely incredible.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/28/24 2:55 p.m.

Not mine, but the eldest Hungarling's first bike arrived just in time for his birthday:

I was a bit worried as he's 12 years old and this will be his first clutch, first transmission, first two-wheels, but we went over the friction zone of the clutch real quick, how to feel it, and when to use the clutch and he's done surprisingly well!

I was also a bit worried he'd out grow it instantly as I don't remember any of my 4-stroke 125's being able to keep my attention for long.  Heck, even my 2-stroke 125s began to feel a bit lacking as I started getting towards highschool age.  Well?  I gotta say I don't think that's going to happen ANY time soon!  This thing RIPS! (and the kid is HOOKED)  He reports that he's only "just tried 3rd gear". 

When I gave it a go, I had the wheel up pretty easily in 2nd gear.

so there we go, we've got one more sprocket spinning on this earth

EricM
EricM UltraDork
7/13/24 2:36 p.m.

My wife and I will be campground hosts in Michigan later this summer.  I can bring bikes but they have to stay outside, under a bike cover.

I am not going to bring my carbon Canyon Endurace.  

Between Todd's and my spare parts I was able to put this together.

2014 Trek Madone series 2 Aluminum frame and carbon forks

Vaulta 2011 carbon wheels, shallow.

Sram Force rear derailleur

Sram rival shifters and front derailleur 

Sram Red 10speed titanium rear cassette  , lol, overkill

Shimano Sora crankset with shimano press in Dura Ace bottom bracket 

Shimano SLR front brakes.  Shimano 105 rear brakes

Bontrager saddle and Bontrager 44mm handle bars, Bontrager rythm pro 90mm stem

Used 25mm continental gp4000 tires

I might put my Ultegra left crankarm on it, it has a cadence sensor. Or I can get nutty and put my dura ace powermeter crankarm on. 

62 cm frame and I still need to raise the seat a little.

Good times

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/21/24 3:53 p.m.

1967 Gilera 106SS that was originally imported through Sears. Just finished "Un-Searsifying" it and putting on the original Italian stuff. 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
7/22/24 6:47 a.m.

I've always liked those. It's hard to find 4 stroke bikes that size/era (I dislike 2 strokes) and those just have a nice look to them.

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
7/22/24 10:41 a.m.

Wow, that's really nice.  I love the Sears tie-in.

7/22/24 11:41 a.m.
mfennell said:

Wow, that's really nice.  I love the Sears tie-in.

You can see the "as imported" Sears badging on the catalog ads. 90% rubbing alcohol and a magic eraser removed the Sears stencil on the seat. Gilera badges instead of Sears and both have the cool Veglia speedo in the headlight bucket.

I rebuilt the Dell'Orto carb Saturday and put a few miles on it. It's so small and fun to putt around on.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/22/24 12:08 p.m.

I spent many hours as a kid looking at the motorcycles in the Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs.  Alas, my folks weren't going to buy one for me.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/22/24 12:31 p.m.

Looking into Mexico on a recent ride...

7/22/24 1:18 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

I spent many hours as a kid looking at the motorcycles in the Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs.  Alas, my folks weren't going to buy one for me.

The Montgomery Wards badged Benelli stuff is great too but 98% of all these were left for dead in the woods in the sixties. sad

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
7/23/24 10:55 a.m.

Ran into some pedal bike buddies this weekend, and they snapped a pic of me on the KTM.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
7/26/24 4:15 p.m.

Collecting junk from the house next door as it is cleaned out. Got this Auranthetic Charger mini bike. Two large 12v batteries. The throttle is just a toggle between 12v and 24v for two speeds. 

Will likely repower and change to lithium ion batteries. Surprisingly there is a kit available for 48v 1000w motor, controller and batteries to retrofit. 

Currently working on getting the Cushman Truckster out of their backyard but that is in much worse shape. 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
7/27/24 7:37 a.m.

Add that to my list of "things I never knew existed".

7/28/24 3:07 p.m.

Not mine but a beauty from the coffee shop this morning.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/29/24 2:29 p.m.

Moved the bikes out to work insulating the new garage....need to have less bikes,a bigger garage or another shed for bikes :)

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue SuperDork
7/30/24 2:34 a.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

The Virago is interesting enough, but what on earth is parked next to it?

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
7/30/24 7:01 a.m.

Two Versys? Who does that?

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/30/24 7:10 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Thats an '83 honda CBX550f,weirdly the US never got them but Canada did but only one yr.

This one has a whopping 3200 kilometers on it,something like 2500 miles ;)

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/30/24 7:13 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

A guy who has a wife that rides,great little bikes for the rough atlantic Canada roads....once the rear was converted to R1 triple adjustable shock and forks revalved that is :).

The CBX is hers as well.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/30/24 7:45 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/30/24 7:52 a.m.

Finally broke down and bought an e-Bike:

I was really planning on waiting a bit longer (the tech is constantly improving), but after a couple of rides with friends who have them the "this ain't fun for anyone..." truth got to me and I started testing and shopping.  They were waiting for at the top of climbs and I was too exhausted to really enjoy the descents. Settled on a new Santa Cruz Heckler (full power version) mostly because it feels and rides like one of my other bikes (Santa Cruz Megatower).   Of course, three days after I bought the bike, I wrecked myself pretty good on it and bruised some ribs.  As ribs take forever to heal it's been almost the only bike I've ridden for the last few weeks. 

What is really fun is steep, technical climbs that I rarely even want to attempt on my normal bikes.  Having that extra 250W of assist makes them fun. 

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/30/24 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

e-bikes are like jet-skis. they are more fun if your friends have one also. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/5/24 9:10 a.m.

21 street glide rental riding around Norfolk and went over the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel. 

Video of it

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/9/24 2:52 p.m.
Rusnak_322 said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

e-bikes are like jet-skis. they are more fun if your friends have one also. 

Or if your main riding buddy is a lot stronger than you are.  Now we can ride as fast as he wants to go and I can keep up without needing to stop at the top of climbs so I can see straight again... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y6SQ5td3eivl3uL8XYsVRkEA34hYAvmG94sJ989jqvZ5bttDU6PdkhzknNQyCXUw