9 10 11
Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:44 a.m.

This is not mine but I went to a local car show and there was an amazing Cooper S there with a Uber frame and a 427 in it. I was hoping somebody might know the car and tell us some more about it?

Sorry about the cell phone photos and he was just leaving. That's all I could get. Beautiful work!

Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:45 a.m.

Grunion
Grunion New Reader
8/25/22 12:46 a.m.

theonlyiceman53
theonlyiceman53 New Reader
10/15/22 8:07 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens : I had nothing to do one day so I figured I would cut a car in half.  It just happened to be a 74 MGB GT.  I should have made wall art out of it and called it a day, but no, I just had to put it back together 10 inches wider and with a 1UZ-FE and Corvette front suspension.  The bodywork is done, and just more sanding and paint to go. The engine hasn't been run and absolutely not thought to the interior. I have a bone stock GT in white, so I'll paint this one white also. Hoping to cause some confusion around town.  Maybe if this works out I'll do the same with one of my Jensen GTs. (No freaking way!)

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/15/22 9:17 p.m.

I hope this thread isn't limited to cars. I'm building a steam locomotive themed meat smoker. Here's where I am on it 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/15/22 9:19 p.m.
theonlyiceman53 said:

In reply to David S. Wallens : I had nothing to do one day so I figured I would cut a car in half.  It just happened to be a 74 MGB GT.  I should have made wall art out of it and called it a day, but no, I just had to put it back together 10 inches wider and with a 1UZ-FE and Corvette front suspension.  The bodywork is done, and just more sanding and paint to go. The engine hasn't been run and absolutely not thought to the interior. I have a bone stock GT in white, so I'll paint this one white also. Hoping to cause some confusion around town.  Maybe if this works out I'll do the same with one of my Jensen GTs. (No freaking way!)

I approve of this build

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/15/22 9:28 p.m.

That build is so correct in every way.

theonlyiceman53
theonlyiceman53 New Reader
10/15/22 10:45 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens : I had nothing to do one day so I figured I would cut a car in half.  It just happened to be a 74 MGB GT.  I should have made wall art out of it and called it a day, but no, I just had to put it back together 10 inches wider and with a 1UZ-FE and Corvette front suspension.  The bodywork is done, and just more sanding and paint to go. The engine hasn't been run and have not even thought of the interior. I have a bone stock GT in white, so I'll paint this one white also. Hoping to cause some confusion around town.  Maybe if this works out I'll do the same with one of my Jensen GTs. (No freaking way!)

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/17/22 7:34 p.m.

In reply to NashGTI :

I noticed the 70s Plymouth race car.  Is it a real Richard Petty race car? Since know one asked.

Tazz9924
Tazz9924 New Reader
10/19/22 7:33 p.m.

I am beginning my build of the worlds fastest lawnmower! Goals: 200-220hp, 400ish pounds, 8 second 1/4 mile, 160mph! Multiple world records. 

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/20/22 9:46 a.m.

Pulled out of years in storage.
Picked this up from the owner from southern Calif to bring it to Oregon. He asked me to work on it for him.
New engine, new clutch, fuel pump, etc, etc...a year later it was ready and delivered it back.

BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter)
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/9/22 5:21 p.m.

In reply to theonlyiceman53 :

When fender flares are just too much work.  Fantastic!

9 10 11
Our Preferred Partners
HyQqA6ehy9lBqP8rKTXvrjK2PYd7cZGcD77SI8lGxNHipoVAL640QPZJFodctfgL