32 33 34
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/10/22 4:43 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to Brotus7 :

Yesterday was New Bike Day for Keith. And an actual NEW bike, the first one since...umm...my rigid Stumpjumper in the 90s?

I shall no longer be the weakest link when bike path riding with Janel. Luna Fixed Stealth, a 500W e bike cosplaying as a hipster fixie. Specs are good, bike is a really nice piece of design. I'm going to get some black Scotchlite film to add secret reflectivity and lose the wheel reflectors. 

That's pretty slick.  I like how the e-bike bits are hidden, so it looks like a regular bike.  The belt drive is interesting too, I didn't know anyone was doing that.

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
8/10/22 9:25 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Belts are becoming more and more common -- low maintenance, longevity, cleanliness. Most require a frame with a break in the rear triangle to install/remove them, but I know of at least one company that makes one that can be split open.

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
8/10/22 9:45 p.m.

A recent trip to Amsterdam inspired me to look for a junker I could just ride to the store or wherever and not worry about. I failed to find a junker, but I found an older VanMoof, a Dutch bike that's popular with hipsters and tech bros these days, as they're electric but have a hidden battery, connect to your phone, GPS anti-theft, etc.

Mine's got none of that; it has a dynamo front hub powering integrated lights, an internally geared 8-speed hub, and it's anodized, so the finish looks really good for an ~8-year-old bike.

As you can see, they're a bit unconventional.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
8/18/22 7:30 a.m.
EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
8/20/22 6:59 p.m.

Getting back into the game of Ohio adv rider tag.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/25/22 11:59 a.m.

Most fun you can have running errands. 

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/12/22 9:58 p.m.

On the rail trail bridge during the Kickapoo rail to river metric century 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
9/26/22 6:12 a.m.

Finally upgraded from my aging Santa Cruz to a 2016 Kona Process 153.  This thing is amazing.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/27/22 7:03 a.m.

32 33 34
Our Preferred Partners
cwyUxD2MQpOdxEMSWsYIbZQjLiFSXOaGxRYPR9xzeZtappzajIcxsTrzUToqMsQ5