1 2 3
Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
1/26/22 1:14 p.m.

Well I put a order in for a 2022 Lighting. My dealer is getting one lighting for 2022 and I have the lowest reservation number. Here's my options as its going to be built. There is almost no configuration on these trucks. Really the only options you can pick are drivin by the trim level you select. (Pro, XLT, Lariat and Platinum). Only two options i could add were the Max trailer tow package and tow technology package ( I ordered Lariat Standard Range). 

• Paint-Antimatter Blue Metallic

• Exterior

• 5-1/2' Box

• Bedliner – Tough Bed Spray-In

• 145" Wheelbase

• Privacy Glass

• Power-Sliding Rear-Window

• Carbon Black Fixed Extended Running Board w/ Enhanced Lighting

• Grille – Premium Geometric Gray-ion fine Satin Metallic w/ Signature Front Lighting

• Mirrors, Sideview – Power-folding, Power Glass with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, and Body-color Skull Caps

• BoxLink™

• SuperCrew

• Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting

• Front Bumper Body-Color

• Rear Bumper Body-color

• 20” Alloy Dark Carbonized Gray Wheels

• 275/60R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires

• Onboard Scale w/ Smart Hitch

• BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert

• Lightning

• Pro Power Onboard - 9.6 KW

• B&O Sound System

• 360-Degree Camera

• LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights

• LED Box Lighting w/Zone Lighting

• Interior

• Black

• Color-Coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Floor Mats

• 10-way Power Driver Seat and Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger Seat

• Connected Built-In Navigation

• SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link

• SYNC® 4

• Wireless Charging Pad

• Leather-Trimmed 10-Way Power Driver with Memory, Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger

• Powertrain

• Dual eMotor – Standard Battery

• 4x4

• Rear eLocking Axle

• Packages

• Max Trailer Tow Package

• Tow Technology Package

Excited to see what this thing can do. I will post more as thing progress further. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/26/22 1:43 p.m.

Looking forward to hearing more.  Coopertired is waiting on his Lariat ecoboost 4X4 to be built currently.

CLH
CLH Reader
1/26/22 1:49 p.m.

Congrats! Looking forward to the updates. I have a reservation but got in pretty late, so I don't expect an opportunity to order one this year.

iansane
iansane Dork
1/26/22 1:52 p.m.

Interested in this. My company has a trio of "management trucks" at this location that are 6ish years old and these new trucks would be perfect use.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/26/22 1:54 p.m.

Very cool, I am looking forward to this.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/26/22 2:32 p.m.

Can't wait

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
1/27/22 8:26 p.m.

Congrats! 
Are they assigning VINs on those yet? I really wanted to pull the trigger on one but was worried I'll be into 2023 on one

I opted for a 3.5 Lariat that should hopefully be ready in March

therealpinto
therealpinto Reader
1/28/22 1:43 a.m.

It will be interesting to see how this works out.

This kind of vehicle is quite unlikely to go on sale in Europe/Sweden (our driver licence limitations means quite few people can make use of heavier trucks) but I think it is cool to see what happens in the market and how it potentially/eventually can spill over to our markets. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
1/28/22 8:53 p.m.

Vins are not getting released yet. I'm really interested to see how the timeline develops.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/29/22 10:23 a.m.

I didnt put a reservation in for a month or so therefore not expecting a 2022 model but I am excited  to hear your thoughts.  Still hoping to pick up a Pro model in the $40k range.  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
1/29/22 7:49 p.m.

Reservations I think are a lot crazier than they are leading on. My dealer has orders in for 55 and they are getting one. I have a feeling supply and demand is going to be messed up for a while.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/29/22 8:09 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Ford had that in mind from the start, from what I'd read the battery supply was limited even before The Great Supply Chain Cluster and their pricing kinda looks like they were banking on the price of batteries continuing to drop - the first year might have been expected to lose money. Nice work on being #1 of 55 :)

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
1/30/22 10:38 a.m.

Yeah, I mean prices on nicely optioned ones are still significant enough that I think ford is making money right out of the gate. 

Ford is making me sign a no sale clause for a year. Which doesn't make me the happiest but I feel like supply will be limited enough that I could still get my money back after a year if I don't like it.

My bet is those who ordered a Pro will be among the first to receive them.  With the continuing chip shortage Ford will try to build and deliver as many trucks as possible and orders requiring a lot less chips may be prioritized.
Greg Voth said:

I didnt put a reservation in for a month or so therefore not expecting a 2022 model but I am excited  to hear your thoughts.  Still hoping to pick up a Pro model in the $40k range.  

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
1/30/22 8:26 p.m.

Super interested in hearing how you like it. Please keep us posted. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/30/22 8:45 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

What if you hate it in 3 months?  Will Ford buy it back?  Although it's not a bad idea to keep those flipping hit vehicles.  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
1/30/22 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

We haven't gotten to signing that piece of paperwork yet. I'm interested to see what it says

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
3/4/22 1:15 p.m.

Checked my order today and got a nice surprise. Got a build date. 

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
3/4/22 1:22 p.m.

Damn, you local(ish)?  I'm up in Vinton.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
3/4/22 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus : Iowa city so not far

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
3/4/22 9:30 p.m.

Once you have the Lightning, come visit. I have a 50 amp charging set up!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
3/10/22 9:31 p.m.

be real cool if my lightning would come early.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
3/10/22 10:45 p.m.

I'm gonna follow this just because I have a 10th Gen F-150 and I think they are cool trucks.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
3/10/22 10:46 p.m.

Haha. I might be on that train soon. Paid $5.99 for diesel today. I can't complain.  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
4/13/22 1:30 p.m.

Ford sent me a email today saying early production dates had a automated email sent out with their build week that was inaccurate. My build week on the ford website still hasn't changed though, hopefully the dates still accurate. At this point im not really surprised if my date gets kicked. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rU5tceKjpjSEM9rKjOTJqRKUFdjf7BAnY3dQnrTca8KN9Xklt72OYalRoHRSZWTE