2 3 4
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
3/31/12 8:57 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: So another used race suit question. The site referenced has a ton of two-piece suits, quite a few of which seem to be the size I need. Do race car drivers actually wear two piece suits? Any idea if those are legal for crap can racing? Is it safer to have a one piece suit?

Yes they are legal. No they are not as safe. Yes, two piece suits seem to be helpful in fitting weird body types.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
2/16/24 12:36 a.m.

Necro-bumping.

As I mentioned in my F500 thread , I discovered that the suit that came with my car is almost as old as I am. Old enough that it doesn't have a cert patch, it's embroidered on, and talking with the org I was looking at they indicated that they would likely have to fail it. 

I vaguely remembered this and searched it out of the ether. 

Was very tempted by this

Passed on it because it was a bit off in measurements and the colors would look a bit harsh in my white/blue formula car. 

Got a silver/blue one from an ALMS Porsche driver instead with a boring mortgage company sponsorship.

Figured it might help someone else out to necro-bump 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa Reader
2/16/24 1:15 a.m.

I got myself a suit off there, the measurements were accurate and buying used I got a nicer suit for the price, which will hopefully keep my butt from getting burned in the F600, should I ever need it, god forbid

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KHKrm74X34vw9DtnhMVHkvpB9vVPLRUK01tg6Qma16GpLyI9WAH1S4YvmIV9oOv2