Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/22/23 8:46 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

With a small amount of cash, you can almost buy a non runner that needs bodywork sad

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/22/23 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That's what I always buy...

And a rusty Z is all there is, I fear, that's not well into 5 figures.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
9/25/23 10:27 a.m.

If I could have just one dying wish, it would be that all the people of the world learn the difference between "oil life" and "oil level". 

If I end up in hell, I'm sure my role there would be continuing to explain this to everyone who tells me, "My oil's okay, I still have 40%".

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/26/23 3:19 p.m.

I take a couple of light-duty BP medications daily.  Due to a minor snafu with my doctor's office, I ran out about a week or 10 days ago.

Just got back on them yesterday, and now I have to pee like a racehorse every hour or two.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/27/23 7:19 a.m.

A local brewery has an Emo night a few times a month. I want to go, but can't wear that much black and makeup. Instead I'd go in an Elmo costume like I misread the sign. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
9/27/23 11:26 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

A local brewery has an Emo night a few times a month. I want to go, but can't wear that much black and makeup. Instead I'd go in an Elmo costume like I misread the sign. 

If you do that, you're gonna be the center of a party.

So go do that

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
9/30/23 3:17 p.m.

I have the poor, but everybody knows that. I have E36 M3 balance and don't particularly like driving anymore.these are not the confessions.

The confession is I'm seriously thinking about selling the excursion and buying a panhead. Because obviously an old panhead won't need any work or special tools, and will be an awesome family hauler. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
9/30/23 3:57 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

You only need balance when you stop, so don't stop. If you ride off without special tools, then you don't make it back and the ability to haul family is moot. Still a solid plan.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/30/23 4:10 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

It's a Harley, so you don't even need to buy any safety gear.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
9/30/23 9:22 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That's alright. I confess I like shovels better than pans, and sometimes daydream about picking up a scruffy old Super Glide or FXR. Apparently my financial situation, and life in general, are just too stable.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
10/1/23 1:00 a.m.

Just finished Sisu........

I now want a Puukko

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
10/2/23 1:30 p.m.

Watching people get upset about big wheel cars in a box Chevy Facebook group is proving to be endlessly amusing.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/2/23 1:35 p.m.

I kinda want to get a vanity plate for the MR2 Spyder that says "POORISH", or something thereabout, since it's been mistaken for a Porsche on a couple instances already.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/2/23 2:07 p.m.
NickD said:

I kinda want to get a vanity plate for the MR2 Spyder that says "POORISH", or something thereabout, since it's been mistaken for a Porsche on a couple instances already.

POORSCHE, like from that episode of The PJs.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/2/23 3:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
NickD said:

POORSCHE, like from that episode of The PJs.

Unfortunately, no amount of tinkering could find that available.

But I could get "poorish" as POOR15H

CAinCA
CAinCA Dork
10/2/23 4:17 p.m.
NickD said:

I saw serveral people wearing "POORISH" shirts at Rennsport this weekend. I told my wife I need one.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/3/23 9:13 a.m.

People ranting about getting 20 hours sleep in their entire work week.  I was averaging a little more than that but wasn't really feeling great, so I bumped it up to about 27.  I work 3 days a week, so yes, I'm getting 9 hours of sleep a night.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
10/3/23 9:56 p.m.

Following an especially pensive evening, I was compelled to look up the origin of my favorite quotation. I've known it for most of my adult life, but never knew where it came from.

Time is the final currency.

Very disappointed to learn that it is attributed to David Crosby.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
10/3/23 11:39 p.m.

Made an offer on a cool car. Seller said they have a pending deal on a better offer but will let me know if it falls through.

Now I'm almost thinking I hope the other guy buys it, because it might be too nice for me and I'd always be afraid of getting it dirty.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/4/23 8:37 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

It's a car.  Cars are meant to be driven.  If you want sculpture, invest in fine art.

GLWP!

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
10/4/23 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Totally agree!

But still... the thought of putting toddlers and the labradog into the pristine interior of a somewhat classic station wagon...

The toddlers and labradog tend to trash anything they touch.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/4/23 9:51 a.m.
Peabody said:

People ranting about getting 20 hours sleep in their entire work week.  I was averaging a little more than that but wasn't really feeling great, so I bumped it up to about 27.  I work 3 days a week, so yes, I'm getting 9 hours of sleep a night.

That doesn't make me feel any better.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/4/23 10:29 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Fair enough.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/9/23 11:02 a.m.

I should be happy and excited.

Instead I'm just tired.

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
10/9/23 2:25 p.m.

Sitting here listening to 2000s pop music while doing mixed research on both my Civic and my Tahoe. So normal levels of brain chaos honestly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UAvMMuvH7InHopu9kes9DfqVV1cCAjJ697DMkP0QXy8h9MrqSNF8nmJEDN7G2yTi