Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/10/23 6:19 p.m.

I want to import one of those weird Euro market Corolla hatchbacks now that they are getting to be 25 years old, mostly for the WTF factor.

Wiki sez they had the 4E-FE, the 4A-FE, and the 4ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE.  4ZZ and 3ZZ were a 1.4 and 1.6 version of the ZZ engine family..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/23 8:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I thought it was an Accent. Seriously.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
10/10/23 10:06 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want to import one of those weird Euro market Corolla hatchbacks...

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
10/10/23 10:14 p.m.

I'd toss in $5 to make it happen. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
10/11/23 7:56 a.m.

There's a fun thing that I really want to do this weekend, but I really don't feel like doing it. sad

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
10/11/23 10:05 a.m.

Kinda looks like a baby bugeye Subaru.

You better start a build thread...

preach
preach UltraDork
10/14/23 7:37 a.m.

I want to be all "get off my lawn" about a hybrid Corvette, but I can't.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/14/23 8:02 a.m.

I have complete respect for the abilities of the entire C8 Corvette line, especially given the price point. Big pat on the back to all the engineers for what they were able to accomplish in a huge corporate environment.

But man, I wish the designers scaled back on the tackiness a bit. So many scoops, flares, vents and spats. Use a little restraint. It's as if a seventh grader with a ruler was drawing a car on the cover of his notebook...they just threw everything at it. 

I should be excited about these things, but every time I see one coming toward me on the street, my first reaction is, "Ugh...", and I somehow feel bad for the owner.

Admittedly, this aversion makes no sense, even to me.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/14/23 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

It's the same issue that ruined the last Civic Type R. Overdesign.

I'm wondering if the C8 could be improved by buying one in a light color and then painting out all the black stick-ons to match.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/14/23 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

The solid black ones look ok because everything kind of blends. 

It's really no mystery how the C8 ended up looking this way. winkI can imagine the designer finishing the mid engine, V8, super car, big enough to fit modern people Corvette when someone looked over his shoulder and said, "Did you have a Ford GT model on your desktop, what the bleep man!" "Quick, make all the bends sharp." "E36 M3, it looks like a Ford humped a Lambo"   "Tack on some Camaro taillights " "E36 M3" "Where's the Pepto"  "Add more scoops " "More edgier" ....  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/14/23 3:35 p.m.

In reply to tester (Forum Supporter) :

I get your point, but all-black cars are dull.  Largely for the reasons you mentioned.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/14/23 6:23 p.m.

You want the what the Countach was, not what it became.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/14/23 6:28 p.m.

In reply to tester and Duke (Forum Supporter) :

The dark gray with the black trim is looking good to me.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/14/23 6:35 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You want the what the Countach was, not what it became.

A sentiment I have heard before.

I grew up with the glam rock Countach look, and thought that to be normal.  I kinda prefer the original recipe now that I know better.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/14/23 6:49 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to tester and Duke (Forum Supporter) :

The dark gray with the black trim is looking good to me.

Ok you guys made me go build one.  For $995 you can get the accents body color.  Here's my base model Z51 aero delete build.  I'm accepting donations.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
10/14/23 6:49 p.m.

Last April, there was a post about Bridgestone bringing reviving the Super RAP wheels. I have a search on those that I refresh a couple times a week.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/14/23 6:50 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I am not snarking, that looks like a fastback Camaro.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/20/23 8:06 a.m.

We got our first C8 Z06 in at work today and the entire service department is laughing at how absolutely awful the exhaust sounds. It sounds like a Nissan Altima.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/20/23 9:36 a.m.

I thought the broom stick questions thread was about roll bars and never looked.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/31/23 4:48 a.m.

I always struggled in school because I had a terrible memory. I could never remember names, or dates, or formulas on test day, although I could apply concepts. 

I remember the shorts that I wore on the first day of kindergarten. They had asymmetrical zippered pockets. They came with a matching belt, and that belt had a three piece metal clip on one side that you could use to hold your keys or something. I had two pairs of these shorts, one blue and one green. I chose the blue ones for my first day because I really liked blue, and I didn't like green back then. I remember when I outgrew those shorts and had to stop wearing them. I was a little bummed out that I could no longer wear the blue shorts, although it didn't bother me that the green ones were going away too. 

I can also remember the seating chart from that first day of school. I can name every kid and tell you where they sat. 

I think I may have used up all of my capacity for data storage on Day One. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/31/23 8:00 a.m.

I have the same problem. My memory for important school this was nonexistent, but the day I sank to my waist in a salt marsh on a seventh grade school trip and ruined my boots and pants is clear as day. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/31/23 8:05 a.m.

I feel that confession. Maybe not that extremely, but absolutely. I definitely cannot learn by rote memorization.

It took me 5 semesters to barely pass the required 2 semesters of calculus, because all the testing was based on memorizing formulas.

When I got to grad school I was existentially dreading my structural classes because of that. Instead I got straight As because it was applied knowledge testing, not memorization.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/2/23 7:47 a.m.

I get pumped up when I see a work place or dealership shenanigans rant on GRM........

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/2/23 12:47 p.m.
NickD said:

We got our first C8 Z06 in at work today and the entire service department is laughing at how absolutely awful the exhaust sounds. It sounds like a Nissan Altima.

As opposed to the other Corvettes that sound like Silverados? wink

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/2/23 12:56 p.m.

I've never been able to spell neighbor. Not on the first try. Not without help.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iJB4hawst0JzZ50LTWuEQMqiDvdUDPiF1Kc759oMUnVajGWgUXSAJWxrCTLUEGyP