Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/2/23 2:25 p.m.

I cannot stand the feeling of pants or sleeves that are too long and get under my heels or down over my hands.

It drives me nuts to feel it on myself, and it pisses me off to see it in clothing model photos.

 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/2/23 2:56 p.m.

I just got a mental image of Duke as a model. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/2/23 3:35 p.m.
Stampie said:

I just got a mental image of Duke as a model. 

I am soooo sorry.

 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
11/2/23 3:42 p.m.

I just got a mental image of Duke curling up with a sleeping cat on his lap and a big ol' PSL, spending a rainy Sunday morning listening to lite jazz and browsing the interworld for some just-right winter fashions.

The "hidden hands" thing is pretty weird (and also incredibly uncomfortable), but is it weirder that the old Sears and Penney's newspaper inserts with three or four guys all standing unnecessarily close to each other, t-shirts tucked into their 100% cotton briefs in your choice of colors, all apparently having the time of their lives?

Unrelated confession: I have a fun size Kit Kat hidden below my keyboard. I stashed it there before my kid came to the office for a visit. He has a bucket of candy at home. This Kit Kat is mine.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/2/23 4:22 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

[I]s it weirder that the old Sears and Penney's newspaper inserts with three or four guys all standing unnecessarily close to each other, t-shirts tucked into their 100% cotton briefs in your choice of colors, all apparently having the time of their lives?

"OK, great."

"Now, point to the mountain!"

"Perfect!"

 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/2/23 6:20 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I've never been able to spell neighbor. Not on the first try. Not without help.

I struggle with beuatiful.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
11/2/23 7:10 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

We all do, my friend. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/2/23 7:28 p.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:
Appleseed said:

I've never been able to spell neighbor. Not on the first try. Not without help.

I struggle with beuatiful.

That one is super easy for me. Every time I have to spell it, I'm immediately imitating Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty
 

I don't think I've seen that movie more than 1 time and don't think I could tell you any other scene from the movie, but that one has stuck in my head since I saw it, probably about 20 years ago. 

iansane
iansane Dork
11/3/23 10:17 a.m.
Duke said:

I cannot stand the feeling of pants or sleeves that are too long and get under my heels or down over my hands.

It drives me nuts to feel it on myself, and it pisses me off to see it in clothing model photos.

 

Sleeves? Too long? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I know what words you're using but in that order it doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I've always been the lanky kid and I've never in my life had sleeves that were anywhere close to my hands. Dress shirts are terrible.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/3/23 10:59 a.m.
iansane said:
Duke said:

I cannot stand the feeling of pants or sleeves that are too long and get under my heels or down over my hands.

Sleeves? Too long? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I know what words you're using but in that order it doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I've always been the lanky kid and I've never in my life had sleeves that were anywhere close to my hands. Dress shirts are terrible.

I wear a 37" sleeve and an 18-1/2" collar.  I'm a... husky guy.  With shirts, an XXL is usually about right around the middle and in sleeve length.  I also buy dress shirts from Lands End, where you can order to the half inch.

But for some weird reason, coats or jackets that fit my girth have sleeves like 3"-4" too long.

Pants are another story altogether.  I am 5'-10" and low waisted, I admit.  But it's like clothing makers cannot believe that someone with a 42" or 44" waist could ever possibly have a 29" inseam.  I can't ever find anything shorter than 30", and I'm lucky to find that.

 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/3/23 11:06 a.m.
Duke said:
iansane said:
Duke said:

I cannot stand the feeling of pants or sleeves that are too long and get under my heels or down over my hands.

Sleeves? Too long? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I know what words you're using but in that order it doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I've always been the lanky kid and I've never in my life had sleeves that were anywhere close to my hands. Dress shirts are terrible.

I wear a 37" sleeve and an 18-1/2" collar.  I'm a... husky guy.  With shirts, an XXL is usually about right around the middle and in sleeve length.  I also buy dress shirts from Lands End, where you can order to the half inch.

But for some weird reason, coats or jackets that fit my girth have sleeves like 3"-4" too long.

Pants are another story altogether.  I am 5'-10" and low waisted, I admit.  But it's like clothing makers cannot believe that someone with a 42" or 44" waist could ever possibly have a 29" inseam.  I can't ever find anything shorter than 30", and I'm lucky to find that.

 

Must be a lot of fit people up near you.  That size pants would be not too difficult to find in Ohio.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
11/3/23 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I don't mind the sleeve a little long because I don't like the cuff retracting up my arm when I reach for something or just hold my arm up. 

Small cuffs are my peeve since they get caught on my watch. Brooks Brothers shirts have a small cuff with many pleats sewn it's almost like the pirate shirt.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/4/23 9:53 p.m.

I searched "Fiat 600" on YouTube.  After the first video YouTube took me on such a wonderful auto play Fiat-Abarth journey that I think I'll just sit here and let it go until I head to bed.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/4/23 10:09 p.m.

Crocs have made crocs cowboy boots. They're absolutely hideous. They're an affront to humanity. 

 

I hate crocs with every fiber of my being. I consider them up there with the Kardashians on the list of things that will cause the downfall of society. 

 

They're SO bad I almost bought a pair. The only thing that stopped me was there was no way I was getting them on my feet. 

 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/5/23 7:20 a.m.

I don't know when to quit. Ever. 

Especially when im not getting paid. 

preach
preach UltraDork
11/5/23 8:14 a.m.

I realized this weekend that I may be eccentric. The wife laughed at me when I asked her. I guess that's a yes...

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/5/23 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

What else are you going to wear to work on pajama day? (Not a casual kind of guy)

 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/23 8:54 a.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

In reply to Mndsm :

What else are you going to wear to work on pajama day? (Not a casual kind of guy)

 

LOL- the difference between ready to go and undressed for me is whether or not I have on bottoms. I don't own long pants that fit. I wear socks about once a month. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/5/23 11:20 a.m.
iansane said:
Duke said:

I cannot stand the feeling of pants or sleeves that are too long and get under my heels or down over my hands.

It drives me nuts to feel it on myself, and it pisses me off to see it in clothing model photos.

 

Sleeves? Too long? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I know what words you're using but in that order it doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I've always been the lanky kid and I've never in my life had sleeves that were anywhere close to my hands. Dress shirts are terrible.

I see pictures of people with sweaters/jackets with sleeves that cover their hands, and I get a little jealous.

I don't really need a 2XL, but it is the only way I can get things that fit without looking like a 13 year old the month after his latest growth spurt.

 

At least boots can cover up pants that are too short, to a degree.

 

 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/5/23 2:49 p.m.

If you go to a decent department store, you can buy a slim fit, 19.5 inch collar, 36 inch sleeve dress shirt.  It's well worth the dough, when you wear a dress shirt as seldom as I do.  Go to a cheap place, buy a 19.5 " collar, discover its a pup tent coming to my 38 inch waist.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/5/23 4:19 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

And I'm rummaging through the pile of pants wondering, where are all these 40/30, and 42/30 guys? You'd think they'd at least make a 30/30.  The cheap jeans I wear to work I can always find in 30/30. A lot of adult clothing starts at 32 waist so I sometimes have to go to the teen stores. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/5/23 4:26 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Heres a 40/30 guy

Although 40s are a bit loose now!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/23 5:30 p.m.

Good news- I have dropped two pants sizes. I'm closing in on 3. 

 

BAD news- All the stuff I like in the new size I need is not designed to fit the way I like it to fit. Apparently everyone likes smashed plums these days. I may need a new plan.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/23 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yup. My arms are about 2-3 inches too long. If it fits the arms, it is gigantic in the gut. If it fits the gut, it's a virtual baseball shirt for the arms.

Being built from spare parts is a mofo.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/11/23 8:17 p.m.

Ouch - I confess it might've been a bad idea.  Where's that Tie-yo-ta engine at?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SSAXk1DQx2hmWwqJJvchkEMHM24N1xFyOwsyNXNtfEMjHNqJkDWjRTAoStRUeybI