Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
11/11/23 9:00 p.m.

Also - did GJ really use Koni shocks to keep his tires from going into the air when he won the Indy 500?  I've seen those cars run - is that an issue?

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
11/14/23 1:04 a.m.

New kid at work. Lube rack, part time. Don't even know his name. 16. Seems reasonably intelligent. 
Today I pulled in and noticed a shiny red Porsche. 944(?) I'm not good at German. Apparently new kid just bought it last night. 
Anyway. Leaving for lunch today, I see new kid with another lubie out admiring the car. Well, I'm an insufferable smartass with very little ability to read socially. So I lean out the window of the accord, "The good news is, at least it doesn't leak any worse than a Honda!" And drive off as this kids jaw hits the floor. 
I hadn't even seen a leak, just messing. But he refused to talk to me this afternoon. Whoops. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
11/27/23 12:02 p.m.

I pulled the trigger on a cheap Black Friday $50 android radio for the E46. Spent another $60 on the stuff needed to install it. So for $110 I should end up with bluetooth phone calling and Android Auto in my 22 year old BMW. Hopefully that will keep the new car itch at bay for another year.

Trying to decide if I bother hooking up the rearview camera, as it only works when the reverse lights are on and I usually just bump the car backwards in reverse then throw it in neutral to actually back up via momentum. Maybe hook the camera to a switch that powers it when I want to see back there.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
11/29/23 11:30 a.m.

I've just ordered full-floating, replaceable ring, OEM-sized front and rear rotors for the Supra on the hope that I'll actually get to the track enough to really justify it.

I'm grasping at straws, but they really aren't more expensive than OEM, and the vendor offers lifetime replacement on the consumable portion.

It's mostly because I'm liking the look better as the car is currently sitting on the lift with no wheels and tires while I clean the car up during winter storage and the wait for body work in the spring after having almost missed a deer.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
12/1/23 4:37 p.m.

So I was driving home mid afternoon and spotted a deer that had been hit on the side of the road. Not really anything unusual around here this time of year. As I am passing I notice someone has put a red ball near its nose to make it look lie Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had been clipped. As I continued driving home I could not help but laugh at the silliness of it but also felt bad because the elementary school nearby was ready to let out and some little kid was going to wind up seeing it.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/1/23 6:13 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

We need more kids with a dark sense of humor. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/1/23 6:26 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

My minor confession - I've been trying to both declutter and not spend money unnecessarily lately.  But, got to thinking about a movie I used to like to watch on New Year's Eve on VHS, and found it is not available on streaming, never released in the US on Blu-ray, and the DVD is long out of print.  Checked, and used copies are cheap on eBay.  So, I spent a little money.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
12/1/23 6:30 p.m.

I reminded myself, today, that I have all of the fashion sense of a guy in a dad joke.  I had an eye exam a couple of weeks ago. I tried on several frames checking fit and where I can see and where I can't. I brought the glasses home today and just showed them to my wife. It did not occur to me until after that moment that I had never actually looked in a mirror while wearing them.

They look fine, I don't care, but still...

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
12/11/23 7:21 a.m.

The teenager and I have been playing a game with the wife and demon, "how long will it take to notice?"

Friday night thing 1 painted my toe nails, 7 hours for the wife, 15 hours for thing 2.

Last night, thing 1 painted one finger nail on each of my hands, both different colors. No one has noticed yet

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/11/23 1:33 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

A few years back when we were going to interesting parties I did something like that and promptly forgot. Until I was having lunch at work and one of my work lady friends said, and not quietly, are you wearing nail polish?

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
12/15/23 10:47 a.m.

I'm quite certain that nobody is surprised that I haven't touched that silver Civic since I pulled the motor from the donor. It's been like 2 months now.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
12/15/23 6:02 p.m.

Once a blowhard guy at work explained to me when I should use one phrase over the other but I forgot his reasoning (think 1998-1999?)

I always think of him when I use these.   Thank you Dennis M.

What's up with that?

What is that all about? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
12/15/23 7:11 p.m.

I've been trying to come up with a funny or outlandish comment to hit on someone in online dating for over a week now with no berkeleying luck.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/22/23 5:22 p.m.

I sat down for my 10 minute break at 3:30. And woke up at 10 after 4

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
12/26/23 9:25 a.m.

For breakfast today, I had a bunch of handfulls of cold, leftover porchetta. It was awesome.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
12/26/23 2:11 p.m.

I'm not even capable of keeping up with the existing fleet, and here I sit having impure thoughts about an MGB at a local pot lot. It's rough and scabby and I don't even have anywhere to put it, but it's the right year ('73) and it has overdrive, and they just dropped the price another thousand bucks...

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/26/23 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

That's the second best way to eat Porchetta, by the handful. I ike itpiled on a bun with sauteed veggies

My Son made it yesterday and tried it open faced, with gravy, kind of a hot Porchetta sandwich.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
12/31/23 8:05 a.m.

Not a single family member seems to understand that a "career" job featuring overnight/weekend shift means that I don't have to work most of these holidays but prefer enjoying a quiet night with holiday pay and no hurry or worry.cheeky

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
1/1/24 6:44 a.m.

Apparently the knot in my back is big enough to see across the room. 

Wife thought I was just being Xmas cranky. No woman, I can barely move.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/2/24 10:53 a.m.

I think the new Prius looks *really* nice.

Toyota unveils new Prius hybrids amid skepticism of its EV strategy

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/2/24 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

You aren't alone.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/2/24 11:02 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

You aren't alone.

Me three.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King UltimaDork
1/2/24 11:44 a.m.
wae said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

You aren't alone.

Me three.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/2/24 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Agreed.  I would consider one for future purchase.

Oddly enough, I generally love yellow cars, but somehow that color or that lighting are not doing it for me.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/2/24 12:00 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

It was the best angle I could find with a quick search.

The one I saw in the wild was frost white and was gorgeous. I initially thought it was some new boutique brand EV until it turned the corner and I could see the badge on the back.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i1HvWbFvqr5rKqs2lMDiEFeGXVHGmIqkjLyok8GNCbcbNtBK1SLE31JsRi78DQcA